Weather of Arabia - With the advent of autumn and the start of the rainy season, the first thing to think about is preparing for the first rain after a long period of interruption during the summer, and preparing the house for weather fluctuations such as rain and winds, a drop in temperature and humidity, and for the sake of your comfort and safety we offer you in this The article is the most important tips for preparing the house for the rainy season and the first winter:
- Clean gutters and drainpipes from tree leaves and dirt, and make sure that they are clear to drain rainwater. It is preferable to clean gutters at the beginning of the season, then clean them again after the first rains to remove leaves and debris falling from the surface.
- Check for cracks in the structure of the house and repair them to avoid any rain water leakage.
- Repairing damaged gutters and drainpipes and making sure that they are stable and ready to drain water.
- Check windows and doors and close any vents that could seep rainwater or bring cold air into the home.
- Ensure that the sewage pump works for the lower floors and places prone to flooding.
- Cover and protect outdoor furniture and outdoor equipment, and secure covers with ropes or heavy objects such as bricks.
- Check electrical cords, external extensions, and appliances, and make sure they are isolated from rainwater.
- If the home is at risk of flooding, provide materials such as sandbags or concrete edging to divert water into drainage areas.
- Cut and trim trees around the house, especially if drought has weakened them. When weak trees are filled with rainwater, they can easily break or uproot.
- Finally, cleaning and sterilizing the house can contribute to the prevention of infectious microbes and viruses, to avoid seasonal diseases.
Other topics of interest to you: