Arab Weather - The forecast weather may be the first thing most of us need to plan for their day, whether in terms of choosing clothes, determining outdoor activities, and even scheduling some work and projects, as the weather affects all aspects of our lives, and weather and climate play a fundamental role in the fields. all; Agricultural, economic, environmental, etc., and even the safety of people in difficult weather situations and disasters.
Hence, the world needed experts in this field, so meteorology became taught in universities, and here we provide you with some information that you may need if you have a passion for this science and want to specialize and work in it.
Meteorology is defined as the science concerned with the study of climate and weather phenomena, their interpretation and predictions, in addition to monitoring the factors and variables that occur on the elements of the atmosphere, such as: temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, the rates of presence of these elements in the layers of the atmosphere, their interactions and what happens It changes over time.
Meteorology is a scientific and engineering discipline at the same time, and there are several departments for it, such as agricultural, marine, or meteorology, and others, so if you want to study meteorology or atmospheric sciences at the university, you must join the track Scientific high school , and then enrolled in one of the universities that provide a specialization in meteorology.
The following is a list of some universities around the world that include this specialization:
Among the basic subjects that are studied in the field of meteorology:
The study of meteorology combines the scientific (theoretical), laboratory and field fields.
You may need these personal and functional skills and qualifications to be a meteorologist:
Skills of using measurement tools in meteorology, and the use of remote sensing systems.
Having basic information about terminology, such as stratosphere.
Interpretation and clarification skills.
Skills in using principles of science (especially physics), mathematics, and statistics.
Possessing the power of observation in order to be aware of the range of variables that are occurring in the atmosphere, and possessing patience and the skills of observation and wait.
Technical and computer skills.
Skills of collecting and analyzing data and information related to weather phenomena.
1. The ability to know the exact weather and knowledge of potential forecasts.
2. Understanding weather variables, which facilitates decision-making in different areas of life.
3. Alert people to severe weather conditions before they happen and to maintain their safety.
4. Meteorologists earn good salaries in some countries.
5. Meteorologists usually have a huge reputation and appearances on television and social networking sites.
1. The need to work flexibly, for long and sometimes continuous hours.
2. Exposure to a lot of criticism if the weather forecast is proven incorrect.
3. Working in the meteorological field may be dangerous, especially if it covers natural disaster events such as hurricanes, snowstorms and tornadoes.
4. The need to pass many training courses and practical experience before engaging in work formally.
Radio and TV stations
The agricultural sector and the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation
Meteorological companies and organizations
Industrial sector and energy production
The field of land and sea transportation
Research centers specialized in the field of environment and meteorology
We hope that we have provided you with useful information regarding this field, and good luck to all.