Weather of Arabia - The following article presents the scientific difference between the depression and the state of atmospheric instability to illustrate the scientific terms for these two weather conditions:
What is the difference between air depression and atmospheric instability?
- The depression arises in a specific region and moves regularly towards the kingdom.
- The weather forecast makes it easy to determine the locations, intensity and type of precipitation accompanying the depression
- During some depressions, 100 mm and more precipitation can occur throughout the impact period, which may extend for days.
- The depression is accompanied by significant thermal depressions and cold, rainy and snowy climates, depending on the type of air mass accompanying it.
It is completely different from the atmospheric depression where:
- Atmospheric instabilities arise when cold air currents converge with warm ones over a given area
- The situation forms locally, cumulatively cloudy clouds form and precipitation begins.
- These cases are characterized by the difficulty of predicting precisely the places of precipitation, where the precipitation is random and irregular in its geographical distribution.
- Some areas can experience rain and others that are not close to it.
- The weather may be stable and you may experience mild precipitation
- Strong conditions are associated with high levels of heavy rains, so 100 mm of rain can occur during a short period of time and in a restricted geographical area, which makes the chances of floods rise more than air depressions.
- The strong cases are accompanied by several weather phenomena, the most important of which are the falling winds, which form sand and thunderstorms, and the heavy fall of the colds in sometimes large sizes.
See also: The difference between depressions and atmospheric instabilities and how they happen and predict?
ArabiaWeather Company is not responsible for the material displayed or published in ArabiaWeather Blogs, and bloggers are therefore fully responsible for their writings.
ArabiaWeather Company shall not be responsible for any republication. The materials published in the “Arabia Weather Blogs” in the various media, which puts anyone who publishes these blogs in the name of the Arabia Weather or quoting the Arabia Weather under liability and legal accountability.