Arab Weather - The warm cocoa drink is one of the favorite drinks of many, especially in the winter season, as it is a delicious drink and provides the body with heat, in addition to the many health benefits of cocoa, so the Jawk program hosted the nutritionist Farah Dawood , to talk more about cocoa drinks, and about healthy ways To prepare it, the nutritionist also provided tips for maintaining a healthy diet during the winter and controlling binge eating.
The health benefits of raw cocoa
1. Cocoa is one of the substances that contains a high amount of antioxidants. Such as flavonoids, which help reduce the risk of some diseases, such as cancer, heart disease and aging.
2. Cocoa contains polyphenols, which are antioxidants that work to maintain cardiovascular health. It improves blood circulation in the body and normalizes blood pressure.
3. Cocoa helps improve mood, as it stimulates the secretion of the hormone serotonin, which is responsible for feelings of happiness and relaxation.
4. Cocoa helps reduce insulin resistance, which helps regulate blood sugar levels.
5. Cocoa contains caffeine, which helps burn fat when consumed before exercise in a small amount, so that the body burns fat and uses this energy in exercise, but it is advised not to increase it to avoid other symptoms associated with consuming caffeine such as tension, increased heartbeat and insomnia.
Preparing cocoa in healthy ways
1. Choose healthy cocoa, which are raw, free of added sugar or preservatives.
2. When preparing cocoa drink, sugar can be substituted with a small amount of healthy sweeteners such as honey.
3. Prepare a warm cocoa drink (Hot Chocolate) at home, and stay away from ready-made cocoa drinks, which contain saturated fats and a large amount of sugar.
Tips for maintaining a healthy diet during the winter and controlling binge eating:
1. In the winter, the body needs food to produce energy and warm the body, but food quantities must be moderate.
2. Distributing the meals throughout the day, by having 3 main meals at specific times and in moderate quantities, punctuated by healthy snacks.
3. Eat more foods rich in fiber and increase the feeling of satiety.
More details regarding cocoa and tips for controlling binge eating and weight gain in the winter can be obtained through the interview video: