Weather of Arabia - The Public Security Directorate stressed the need to adopt correct behavior during the upcoming heat wave, which the Kingdom will witness, starting tomorrow, Wednesday, according to the issued weather forecasts.
In a statement, the Directorate stressed the need to adhere to the following advice and instructions to avoid the occurrence of sunstroke and heat exhaustion:
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight, especially at noon and in desert areas, Aqaba and the Jordan Valley.
- Keep drinking adequate amounts of fluids, especially water, and wear light and loose clothing.
- Wearing protective head coverings and taking a rest at noon, especially for people whose work requires staying under direct sunlight.
- Monitor children and do not allow them to play in the sun for long periods.
- Do not leave children alone in vehicles, and do not leave sterilizers, perfumes, and similar flammable materials inside vehicles.
- Do not overload electric sockets beyond their capacity by operating air conditioners, fans, etc. on one electric current source.
- Stay away from dense grassy places that are a breeding ground for reptiles such as scorpions and snakes.
- Do not hesitate to call the unified emergency number (911) if necessary.