Arabia Weather - The beginning of the autumn season, “the day of the autumnal equinox”, today falls on Saturday , September 23, 2023, specifically at 9:49 am, and we will learn about many facts that Jordan witnessed in the autumn season over the previous years, the season that is characterized by its weather fluctuations. Temperatures change up and down .
* The autumn equinox begins on September 23, 2023 in the Northern Hemisphere, while spring begins in the Southern Hemisphere .
* The autumn season lasts for astronomically 89 days, until the winter solstice on December 21 of each year .
* Climate records indicate that some regions of the Kingdom have been exposed to frost formation in late autumn .
* Jordan witnessed snowfall during the fall season, on the 11th of the month in the years 1979, 1982, 1986, 1994 and 2004 .
* The highest monthly amount of rain was recorded in the fall in Jordan, in the Ras Munif area in Ajloun, where it reached 294 mm in the month of 11-1986 .
* In the recent fall seasons, Jordan and the Levant witnessed frequent floods and torrential rains, such as in 2015 and 2018 .
* The highest maximum temperature in the fall season was recorded in the city of Aqaba at 48.5 degrees Celsius on 09-05-2020 .
* The highest maximum temperature was recorded in the city of Amman during the previous fall seasons on 09-03-2020, when it reached 43 degrees Celsius .
Arabia Weather App
Download the app to receive weather notifications and more..