Weather of Arabia - Briefing on the emerging COVID-19 virus in Jordan
(Issued by the Prime Minister and the Ministry of Health)
Current epidemiological situation: moderate level of severity
Monday, June 15, 2020, last update: 17:40
Injuries, recovery and checks:
Today (18) new cases of coronavirus were recorded, including two local cases, and (16) non-local cases, as follows:
One case of the Ain al-Basha Brigade is a random sampling, and is currently being investigated.
One case of Ramtha Brigade is a random sampling, which is currently being investigated.
- (3) Cases of truck drivers, including ((2) Jordanians coming across the Al-Omari border, and (1) Non-Jordanians coming from the borders of Jaber, who were dealt with according to the established protocol.
(13) Cases of Jordanians coming from abroad residing in Al-Hajar Hotels. (5 from Saudi Arabia, 2 from Iraq, 2 Kuwait, 1 from the Emirates, 1 from Qatar, 1 from Pakistan and 1 from Chicago).
This brings the total number of cases in the Kingdom to 979.
(10) recoveries were also recorded to this day at Prince Hamzah Hospital.
- (8193) laboratory tests were performed today, bringing the total number of examinations that have been conducted to date (283673).
- As for people who were confirmed to be infected with the new coronavirus in Al-Hijr sites in the Dead Sea region, a special site was created to isolate them there (a mini hospital) and receive the necessary health care, and their number has so far reached (20) infected. This is due to the increasing number of cases among citizens returning from abroad.