Weather of Arabia - Report of the desert locust situation in Jordan for Sunday, 4/25/2021
Today, Sunday afternoon, the Jordanian Ministry of Agriculture issued the daily report on the movement and presence of locusts in the Kingdom, and accordingly stated:
- - Ma'an Governorate: - Yesterday, the exploratory teams spotted a small group of desert locusts inside the city of Ma'an, and the control was carried out by one control team. The work of the exploration teams will be completed today and calls are received from Ma'an Governorate on the number 0796257080
- - Al-Shoubak: - The exploratory teams spotted medium groups of desert locusts in al-Maqareyah and the south of the farms, where control operations were carried out by 4 combat teams. Until this morning, the exploration operations will be completed today and calls are received by the Shobak brigade on 0776100439
- - Karak Governorate: - 6 exploratory teams participated in monitoring medium groups of desert locusts in Al-Ain, and the control was carried out through two control teams. The work of the exploration teams will be completed for this day and calls are received for Karak governorate on 0799062924
- - Zarqa Governorate: - 12 divisions participated in the exploration operations in addition to receiving information and observations. Large groups of desert locusts were monitored in the Azraq and Sokhna regions. 21 teams participated in the control operations under field supervision from the Minister of Agriculture. 24,000 dunums were sprayed and continued until dawn on Friday and the support of Capital Governorate, Mafraq Governorate, and Jerash Governorate. Exploration operations will continue for this day, and calls are received for Zarqa Governorate 0799907582
- - Aqaba Governorate: - 4 exploratory teams have spotted medium and new groups of desert locusts in Risha, the eastern desert, Wadi Araba, al-Qurayqara, Fainan and Qaa al-Sa’id. Six teams participated in the control operations and a number of teams participated by the Aqaba Commission, farmers and the private sector. To the exploration operations, calls are received from the Aqaba Governorate on 0777779623
- - Tafila Governorate: - 4 exploration teams participated in operations that monitored small groups through one team, and control operations have been completed. Exploration operations will be completed for this day and calls are received from Tafila Governorate on 0772101769
- The Capital Governorate: - The results of the exploration teams, no locusts are present, and the exploration operations will be completed for this day, and calls are received from the Capital Governorate on 0799059551
- Al-Mafraq Governorate: - 10 exploration teams monitored medium groups of desert locusts in the Northern Badia, Khalidiya and Balama, and the control operations were carried out yesterday evening and at dawn today through 9 control and field supervision teams from the Minister of Agriculture. Monitoring and exploration operations will be completed and calls are received on 0779426466
- - Madaba Governorate: - The results of the exploration teams, no locusts are present, and the work of the exploration teams will be completed for this day, and calls are received from the Governorate of Madaba on 0775614157
- - The Southern Valleys: - The results of the exploration teams confirm the absence of locusts. Control operations have been assigned in Aqaba through a number of control teams affiliated to the Valley of the Safi. Exploration operations will be completed for this day and calls are received on 0797507160
- Al-Balqa Governorate: - The results of the exploration teams are not present for locusts, and the work of the monitoring and exploration teams will be completed for this day, and calls are received on 0796781119
Today's wind movement indicates that it will be southwesterly, thus keeping the possibility of locusts entering during the day.
- The Ministry appreciates the great role played by the Armed Forces / Royal Air Force and the role of administrative governors and municipalities, the Amman Municipality and the Aqaba Economic Authority, the role of brothers and farmers in participating in the control operations and providing mechanisms and support by reporting the locations of locusts and assisting exploration and monitoring efforts
- The Ministry of Agriculture calls upon the brothers farmers to adhere to the safety period for agricultural pesticides used in combating desert locusts, which is three weeks from the date of spraying, in order to ensure that there are no residues of pesticides in their crops upon harvest. The Ministry also affirms that the brothers livestock keepers to stay away from the sites and spraying for the same period in order to preserve their animals from Any effect of the pesticides used, noting that the Ministry, through its specialized cadres, takes samples from the crops prepared for marketing to ensure that there are no pesticide residues.
- All procedures and operations came in coordination and follow-up with the Security and Crisis Management Center
- The sprinklers loaded on tractors and also those loaded on cars were used, as well as the use of sprinklers carried by individuals in rugged areas and valleys. It is reported that locusts are of the mature type in the stage of mating and migration and do not pose any danger to the crops and all control measures have been taken outside cities and residential areas.
- The contingency plan will remain until mid-June 6/2021, and the risk of desert locust entry is reduced, God willing.
- The Ministry of Agriculture confirms the success of all control operations at a rate of 95%
- The Ministry affirms the readiness and readiness to deal with this scourge through its equipment, cadres and partners, and we receive information through the ministry’s page and website and the numbers of the agricultural directorates to inform in case locusts are seen.
Gentlemen, the media, to communicate about any inquiries, to contact the media spokesperson Lawrence Al-Majali: 7896666693