Weather of Arabia- Media brief on the emerging COVID-19 virus in Jordan
(Issued by the Prime Minister and the Ministry of Health)
Monday, June 1, 2020, last update: 17:50
Injuries, recovery and checks:
Today, 7 new cases of newly infected Corona virus were recorded in the Kingdom, as follows:
(6) Cases of Jordanians coming from abroad subject to quarantine in designated hotels: (3) from the United Arab Emirates, (2) from the Republic of Egypt, and (1) from Turkey.
A case of cadres working in a stone hotel.
This brings the total number of cases in the Kingdom to 746.
- 13 cases of recovery were also recorded for this day: (12) in Prince Hamza Hospital, and (1) in King Abdullah University Hospital.
- 5070 laboratory tests were performed, bringing the total number of examinations conducted to date (193060).
• The government will announce over the next few days the scientific methodology it adopts to take its actions related to dealing with the Corona pandemic crisis, which includes five progressive stages of opening and restarting sectors, according to indicators of the epidemiological situation, the importance of sectors and their priority.
• In this regard, the government affirms the necessity to adhere to the instructions issued by the Ministry of Health and the competent authorities for the prevention of corona virus, in light of the expansion of open sectors. It calls upon everyone to assume their responsibilities to maintain the stability and control of the epidemiological situation, in light of the continued spread of the Corona epidemic in the region and the world.
• The government also asserts that failure to comply will result in large numbers of injuries - God forbid - and then you may have to return to the starting point and impose strict measures.