Weather of Arabia - Briefing on the emerging COVID-19 virus in Jordan
(Issued by the Prime Minister and the Ministry of Health)
Friday May 29, 2020, last update: 17:50
Injuries, recovery and checks:
- Two cases of new infection with the Corona virus were recorded in the Kingdom as follows:
- A case of a non-Jordanian truck driver arriving across the Al-Omari boundary, which was handled according to the established protocol.
- A case of a Jordanian coming from outside the Kingdom (Russia).
- This brings the total number of injuries in the Kingdom to date (730).
- (10) cases of recovery were also recorded for this day: (4) in Prince Hamza Hospital, and (6) in Queen Alia Hospital.
- (3298) laboratory tests were conducted, bringing the total number of examinations conducted to date (180119).
- The Kingdom’s archives witnessed a relative commitment today to the decision to ban comprehensive curfews, and a number of violations were recorded that were dealt with in accordance with the provisions of the law.
- The number of users of the (Aman) application in the Kingdom has increased to nearly 150,000 citizens, with a rise of (50%) within 48 hours, and it is currently the most used application in terms of the number of daily download times on the google play store in Jordan.
- (Safety) application will be available within days on the iOS system to enable iPhone users to use it.
- We call on all citizens to use the application, given its importance in warning against contact with injured persons, and in light of allowing most sectors to work