Weather of Arabia - "licorice" or "licorice" is considered one of the perennial tree plants. It grows in many parts of the world, such as: Asia Minor, Central Asia and Europe, in addition to Arab countries such as Syria and Egypt.
Where to extract licorice?
Licorice is extracted from the roots of the tree, which is characterized by being sweeter than ordinary sugar and can be chewed or eaten like sweets, and licorice, which has its roots of about 12 types, is of a different taste, the favorite drink of many peoples, especially during the holy month of Ramadan .. What are the benefits Licorice drink? Is it harmful?
Watermelon: your secret weapon to prevent thirst during Ramadan
What are the benefits of licorice?
- Licorice moisturizes the intestine, is a natural anti-inflammatory and expectorant.
- It is used in the treatment of stomach and intestinal ulcers, heartburn, or gastritis.
- Licorice strengthens the immune system and is used as a treatment for eczema, and helps to cure hepatitis and improve mood in menopause.
What are the damages of licorice?
- Eating large quantities of licorice juice lowers potassium levels in the body, causing muscle weakness.
- Eating a large amount of licorice causes fluid retention in the body
- It causes high blood pressure, swelling, and irregular heartbeat. Therefore patients with heart or pressure, especially problems of high pressure, should avoid eating licorice.
The best healthy foods for suhoor in Ramadan