Arab weather - Sinan Khalaf - the harvesting moon , it will be seen clearly on the eastern horizon after sunset on Monday, September 20, 2021, in the form of a full moon of very magnificence and beauty.
In our next report, we will review together 10 facts about the Reapers Moon :
- The reapers' moon is the name given to the full moon, which is closest to the date of the autumnal equinox, or the official astronomical start of the autumn season, which is on September 22 of each year.
- The reapers' moon is called by this name, because farmers in ancient times relied on the illumination of the moon to extend their working hours after sunset hours, so this moon came as a awaited and beloved sight to most people in ancient times.
- The vision of the harvesters moon is not confined to a specific place in the world, but it can be seen from all parts of the earth, and it is required to see and feel it completely, the purity of the atmosphere of clouds, mist and dust.
- The reapers' moon rises earlier and sets later than the rest of the full moon phases during the year, so it provides additional lighting hours.
- In terms of appearance, the appearance of the moon will not differ for many people, as it will remain just a full moon, but it is more luminous.
- The size of the apparent moon changes in the sky every month, and the moon is in the largest possible apparent size at the time of the giant moon, and not in the reapers' moon this year.
- Sometimes the reapers' moon is the same as the giant moon, and this happened for the last time in 2010, while it will happen the next time in 2029, God willing.
- Sometimes astronomical circles call the full moon the blue moon, which is an unreal description that is intended to refer to the appearance of the full moon for the second time in a single solar month.
- The Harvesters Moon is an opportunity for all lovers of nature, astronomical events and night photography, to take beautiful pictures under the moonlight at night.