Weather of Arabia - The Sultanate of Oman is affected by unstable weather conditions, in which thunderstorms have multiplied, which led to rainfall of varying intensity between medium and severe in many areas, including parts of Al Sharqiah and Dhofar.
Floods formed and valleys ran as a result of heavy rains in many areas, which led to the detention of some families and vehicles that the Royal Oman Police dealt with with all seriousness and concern for the safety of citizens. Below we mention to you some of these arrests that took place this morning.
- The detention of a family inside their house after the wadi water entered them in the Humaydah area in the Wilayat of Al-Kamil and Al-Wafi, and the report is being dealt with
- Two people were detained in a vehicle in Wadi Al Fulaij, in the Wilayat of Tyre, and they are being dealt with.
- The detention of two people inside a vehicle in one of the valleys in the Wilayat of Al-Kamel and Al-Wafi, and the report is being dealt with
- The detention of a vehicle with two people in the Saih al-Ramth area in the Jaalan Bani Bu Ali wilayat, and the report is being dealt with
- Detaining a vehicle in the Towi Hatem area in the Wilayat of Al-Kamil and Al-Wafi, and it contains a family of five people, including 3 children.
- The detention of a family of five women, ten children and a man in one of the rest houses in the Wadi Al-Arabyin area in the Wilayat of Quriyat, and the police planes are moving to the rescue and evacuation from the place
The Royal Oman Police also alerted the citizens with many alerts and warnings to avoid any accidents due to heavy rain, torrential flow and valleys, through several tweets on the police account on the Twitter platform.
- The risk of crossing the valleys puts you in danger, so be far from the valleys' streams
- Avoid staying in low places that are prone to the flow of valleys