Weather of Arabia - It was observed during the year 2022 that many severe climatic extremes occurred at the global level, especially in the European continent, which witnessed a summer similar to the summer of the Arabian Gulf, followed by very cold air masses and snow in late autumn, while the hurricane season was active in the European continent and the Atlantic Ocean with many Of the tropical conditions that caused the occurrence of torrents and floods, areas recorded 46 degrees Celsius, and areas recorded -61 degrees Celsius, and these are only some of the climatic extremes that the world witnessed during the past year!
- A record cold wave hit Australia, during which record cold temperatures reached Helston Airport, which reached minus 6 degrees Celsius. Monitoring on July 15, 2022.
- A record heat wave at the end of June in parts of North America, during which 30-degree temperatures were recorded on the coasts of Canada and Alaska overlooking the Arctic Ocean.
A heat wave described as exceptional and historical struck large parts of the European continent for several days in July, causing fires to break out and ignite, which was followed by strong cases of atmospheric instability, causing heavy rains and giant hailstones, with the formation of torrential rains in many areas, during which historical temperatures were recorded. Most notably:
- Hurricane Ian of the third degree hit Cuba strongly and was accompanied by heavy rains and strong winds on 9/7/2022, and the hurricane continued its way towards the waters of the Gulf of Mexico and developed into a fourth degree, hitting the southern coasts of America, including Florida.
Hurricane Nicole of the first degree struck the eastern coast of Florida on 11/10/2022
- Hurricane Rosslyn of the fourth degree struck the western coast of Mexico on 10/23/2022, causing severe tides of sea waves and floods in many areas.
- Hurricane Namadol of the second degree struck Japan, causing catastrophic floods on 9/18/2022
- Hurricane Orlin, of the third category, struck the coast of Mexico on 10/2/2022, accompanied by strong winds and heavy rains.
Hurricane Julia of the first degree struck Central America on 10/9/2022, accompanied by strong winds and heavy rains.
- Typhoon Talas hit central Japan on 9/24/2022, accompanied by heavy rains and strong winds, causing floods and landslides, killing two and leaving tens of thousands of families without electricity, Kyodo News Agency reported.
A violent repressive hurricane hit New Orleans, USA, causing great damage, killing at least one person, injuring dozens, and causing severe damage to homes, facilities, and cars.
- Very cold polar waves invaded the European continent at the end of the autumn season, amid very low temperatures that reached more than 12 degrees below zero, and snow fell and accumulated in many regions, including the capital, London, after a scorching summer.
On Monday 12/12/2022, the city of Oymyakon in Russia recorded the coldest temperature on Earth at -61.0 degrees Celsius, which is the coldest for such a time since 1984, and the coldest ever during the first half of December.
Climate extremes continue to amaze us day after day with unusual weather events, so what will the next look like??
Arabia Weather App
Download the app to receive weather notifications and more..