Weather of Arabia - As soon as the blessed Eid al-Adha prayer ends, people start slaughtering the sacrifices, following the example of the Sunnah of the Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace, by slaughtering the sacrifices and distributing them to others, especially the poor and the needy, so that eating grilled meat is an appropriate opportunity for all segments of society, so what are the most prominent tips for grilling security?
Some wrong practices during the process of grilling meat may cause many risks to human health and the environment alike, and therefore we advise you to do the following:
- Do not light a fire near dry grass to prevent fires from breaking out, God forbid.
- Remove the meat from the grill as soon as it is done. The darker the color of the meat, the more likely it is to contain harmful substances such as amines and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, which are suspected to be carcinogenic.
- To keep grilled foods safe from toxic substances, fatty and seasoned meats should be placed on grill sheets or wrapped in aluminum foil rather than directly on the grill grate, because the fat or oil in the marinade falling on the glowing coals causes them to burn And then the fumes containing toxic hydrocarbons escalate, so they remain attached to the meat and reach the human after eating it, according to the German Society for Nutrition.
- Be careful not to grill salted meat or sausages, as this can cause the formation of cancer-causing nitrosamines, and dark or burnt areas should be removed from meat that has been grilled before eating.
- After completing the barbecue, make sure not to throw away the remaining burning coals until they have been completely extinguished.