Weather of Arabia - Sinan Khalaf - The Jordanian capital, Amman, is exposed in some years during the summer months to heat waves, with which temperatures rise to values that exceed the 40 ° C barrier, which may sometimes continue over several consecutive days, so what does it mean to record forty temperatures for several days Sequential?
- Increased feeling of fatigue, exhaustion and lethargy.
- Increased cases of heat exhaustion and sunstrokes.
- Increased heat inside buildings as a result of their walls absorbing external heat.
- Increasing electrical loads as a result of increasing reliance on air conditioning and refrigeration equipment.
- Increased demand for water for drinking, washing, or even watering plants.
- Burning of some plant leaves and damage to some agricultural crops and fruits.
- Some economic sectors were damaged due to high operating costs and decreased production capacity.
- Increased risk of fires due to dry soil.