Arab Weather - Minister of State for Information Affairs Amjad Al-Adayleh told a news briefing today that we may have to activate the defense law to confront the Corona virus.
What is the "defense" law?
The text of the defense law follows
No. 13 of 1992:
This law is called (Defense Law of 1992) and published in the Official Gazette.
- A- If something necessitates the defense of the country in the event of an emergency threatening national security or public safety in all parts of the Kingdom or in a region thereof due to a war, or a situation threatening to occur, or the occurrence of internal armed disturbances or strife, public disasters or the spread of a pest Or a pandemic declaring the implementation of this law a royal will issued upon the decision of the Council of Ministers.
- B - The royal will includes the statement of the case for which it was decided to announce the implementation of this law, the region in which it is applied and the date of its application.
- C- It is announced that this law will be suspended with a royal will issued upon the decision of the Council of Ministers.
- A- The implementation of this law is entrusted to the Prime Minister to take the necessary measures and measures to secure public safety and defense
- For the Kingdom without being bound by the provisions of the applicable regular laws.
- B - The Prime Minister exercises his powers according to written orders.
- C- The Prime Minister may delegate all or some of his powers to whomever he deems fit to do so in all parts of the Kingdom or in a specific region thereof, and with the conditions and restrictions that he appoints.
The Prime Minister may exercise the following powers: -
- A- Place restrictions on the freedom of persons to gather, move, and reside, and arrest and detain suspects or individuals who are dangerous to national security and public order.
- B- Assigning any person to perform any work or perform any service within his ability.
- C- Searching persons, places, and vehicles without being bound by the provisions of any other law, and ordering the use of appropriate force in the event of reluctance.
- D- Setting possession of movable and immovable property and postponing the payment of the debt and the due obligations.
- E- Preventing, restricting or restricting the import, export or transfer of materials from one place to another, specifying dealing in them and prohibiting their concealment, destruction, purchase or bartering them, and setting their prices.
- F-Seizure of any land, building, road, or source of water and energy, establishing defense-related works on it, removing any trees or installations on it, and ordering its management, exploitation, or regulation of its use.
- G- Evacuating or isolating some areas and imposing curfews in them.
- H- Determine the dates of opening and closing public stores, in whole or in part.
- I- Regulating the means of transport and transportation and determining them between the different regions, blocking any road or stream of water or changing its direction and preventing traffic or regulating it.
- J- Monitor messages, newspapers, publications, pamphlets, drawings, and all means of expression, publicity and advertisement before publishing, seizing, confiscating, disrupting them, and closing their numbers.
- K - Preventing taking pictures or making designs or maps for any specific place or thing that might benefit the enemy, preventing keeping near these places and things with any photocopiers or materials for making pictures, designs and maps, and preventing staying or delaying in such places without a legitimate excuse.
- L - Cancellation of licenses of firearms, ammunition, explosives, or explosive materials that are used in the manufacture of explosives, preventing their manufacture, sale, purchase, transfer, or disposal of them, and ordering their delivery and seizure, and closing their selling and storing stores.
- M-Preventing the manufacture, sale, purchase, possession, and ordering and making communication devices.
If the Prime Minister announces that he intends to seize any funds or lay a hand over them, then no person may sell, transfer, conceal or dispose of such funds without the approval of the Prime Minister or contrary to the conditions and restrictions specified in the matter or the statement granted in this regard, provided that the foregoing is that no The period of enforcement of the advertisement exceeds sixty days.
Courts of first instance are competent to hear crimes committed in violation of the provisions of this law and the defense orders issued pursuant thereto.
- A - Anyone who violates defense orders shall be punished with the penalties stipulated in the orders, provided that the punishment does not exceed imprisonment for a period of three years or a fine of three thousand dinars, or both.
- B - If the defense orders do not indicate a penalty for the violation, the violator shall be punished with detention for a period not exceeding six months and a fine not exceeding five hundred dinars, or one of these two penalties.
- C - If the violation is a crime according to any other law, the punishment stipulated in that law will be applied if it is more severe than what was stated in this law.
- D- The money and means used to commit or attempt to commit the crime shall be confiscated. The Prime Minister may return the confiscated items or any part thereof.
- E- The Prime Minister has the power to make any settlement or conciliation in any lawsuit arising from a violation of the provisions of this law and the ruling in which the judgment has not acquired the final degree.
- A- Any person who has been arrested or arrested under this law or any defense order or who has seized or seized his money or money under his supervision or any stakeholder on behalf of the aforementioned person may challenge the order issued in the Supreme Court of Justice.
- B - The court must decide on the request expeditiously, and the court’s decision to reject the application does not prevent it from resorting to submitting a new application after another as long as the contested matter remains in place.
Everyone who is assigned to do any work or perform any service or provide any money, everyone who seized his money, seized it, transferred or destroyed it, and everyone who has taken any action against him under this law or any order or mandate issued pursuant to this right to compensation and to the president
Ministers may determine the amount of compensation and decide to perform it for any money, work or procedure within a period not exceeding sixty days from submitting the request for compensation, provided that in the event of his disagreement with the value of the compensation, the aggrieved party has the right to file a lawsuit with the competent court to claim fair compensation due to him in accordance with the provisions The laws in effect.
Work shall be suspended in any text or legislation that contravenes any of the provisions of this law and the orders issued pursuant thereto.
If it is impossible to implement any contract or obligation due to observance of the provisions of this law or any order, mandate or instructions issued pursuant to it or due to compliance with these provisions, the person associated with this contract is not considered to be in breach of its terms, but the contract is considered suspended to the extent that the implementation of the contract is impossible and is considered a defense in Any lawsuit brought or brought against that person, or any measures taken against him as a result of not implementing the contract or obligation.
Any authority conferred on a person by virtue of this law or defense orders is considered to be an addition to any other authority conferred upon him by any other law or regulation.
The Defense Law of 1935, and all defense systems and defense orders issued pursuant thereto, shall be repealed as of the publication of this law in the Official Gazette.
Prime Minister and Minister in charge of implementing the provisions of this law.