Weather of Arabia - Al-Murabaniyah (or Arbaeen winter) is known in Jordan, the Levant, and many Arab countries, as the beginning of the period when the cold is severe in the winter, and it is an important and critical period, especially for farmers and agricultural lands, due to the high chances of frost and freezing that cause spoilage of crops Agricultural, when does the square begin in Jordan?
You may also be interested in: "Square" in the Arabian Peninsula.. When does it start? What are the most prominent weather features in it?
When does the square begin in Jordan?
The winter quadrant begins on the 21st of December and ends on the 30th of January, i.e. it extends for 40 days.
For more: What is "square"? What distinguishes it from the rest of the winter days?
The winter season extends to ninety days and is divided into two parts, namely:
- The first section: the square, and its name refers to the number of its days, i.e. forty days.
- The second section: the Khamasiniyyah, and the length of its duration is inferred from its name, i.e. fifty days, and it is called the Saudization period.
Following the square period in Jordan, the period of the four Saudizations, which are:
- Saad the Slaughterer (begins on 1/31): It is a metaphor for the severe cold that occurs during its period. It is expressed in the popular proverb: (Saad slaughtered, his dog did not bark, his farmer did not succeed, and his shepherd did not let go).
- Saad Balaa (begins on 12/2): It is called Balaa, because the earth in it swallows its water, so rivers overflow and wells are filled. It is expressed in the popular proverb: (Saad swallows, when the drop comes down and swallows up).
- Saad Al-Saud (starts on 25/2): breaks the coldness of the atmosphere, and tends to be warm. This stage is like entering the spring season, when the leaves ripen, the flowers bloom, and the signs of the onset of spring begin. It is expressed in the popular proverb: (Saad Al-Saud, as water flows with the oud, and every cooler is warmed).
- Saad Al-Khabaya (begins on 9/3): Trees bloom, insects roam, and its spring creeps into the ground. It is expressed in the popular proverb: (Saad Al-Khabaya, life comes out, and girls are twisted).
Alien days, what are they?
The extrapolations are 7 days that include the last 4 days of February and the first 3 days of March.
It was given this name to borrow the month of February, which is considered the shortest month of the year from the month of March, in order to prolong the time of rain. It is also called "the days of the old man", because it falls at the end of winter. These days, the cold is at its most severe, and the rain is heavy. Shabat says to Adar: “Azar, my cousin, three are from you and four are from me. Let the old woman sing in the valley.”
For more: What are the days of borrowers and what is their story?
The decisive days
The decisive days start from 3/11, and it was said that they are 6 or 8 days long. And it was called that, because it is the days with a cold and a strong wind, which is mentioned in Surat Al -Haqaq.
The fall of the three embers
- the first on 2/20, which is anthrax; People feel the warmth of the air.
- the second on 2/27, which is embers of water; People feel the warmth of the water.
- the third on 6/3, which is Jamrat al-Ard; People feel the warmth of the earth.
For more: The story of the three embers.. and the onset of warmth with the fall of the first ember on February 20