ArabiaWeather - belongs leaf gourd or pumpkin to the same species that belongs plant squash, a vegetable rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber important for the health of the body, in addition to being low in calories, and is a pumpkin one of the most sources of dietary beta - carotene, and we will talk here about the many benefits of percussion With an easy recipe to prepare delicious pumpkin soup.
The benefits of pumpkin are many and varied, and in the following we will mention the most important of them :
1. Rich in beta-carotene, multi-benefit: Pumpkin contains beta-carotene, which is usually associated with orange color of vegetables and fruits, and beta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals and strengthens immunity, and is converted in the body into vitamin A, and beta-carotene plays an important role In the prevention of many health risks, such as: cancers, heart disease, obesity, diabetes, delayed aging and signs of aging, and it is one of the essential elements to maintain the beauty of the skin and hair .
2. Rich in potassium, beneficial for heart and arterial health: Pumpkin is very beneficial for cardiovascular health due to its fiber and potassium content. Potassium is also associated with reducing the risk of stroke and loss of muscle mass, and maintaining bone mineral density .
3. It strengthens immunity because it contains vitamin C: Eating squash contributes to strengthening the immune system and immunizing it against the pathogens of infection and weather fluctuations, thanks to its content of vitamin C and beta-carotene, which enhances the formation of white blood cells that fight infection .
4. Contributes to fighting diabetes : Some scientific studies have shown that pumpkin helps reduce levels of glucose in the blood and improve the body's ability to tolerate glucose, in addition to that it increases the amount of insulin produced by the body .
5. Promote eye health: Pumpkin contains a group of important substances to support eye health and prevent degenerative damage in the elderly, such as: lutein, zeaxanthin, vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta-carotene, where beta-carotene is converted in the body into vitamin A Which is essential for eye health and helps the retina absorb and process light.
Pumpkin, like other vegetables, can be cooked and served in several ways, including pumpkin soup, and there are several recipes for different types of pumpkin soups, but one of these recipes is to prepare pumpkin soup with delicious cream, and it is an easy and quick recipe and a meal rich in benefits.
1. Two cups of chicken broth.
2. Half a kilo of fresh pumpkin removed from pulp and cut into small cubes.
3. Half a grain of onion, finely chopped.
4. Two cloves of crushed garlic.
5. Half a cup of cooking cream.
6. A teaspoon of butter (or 10 grams).
7. A spoonful of olive oil or vegetable oil.
8. A quarter of a spoonful of salt.
9. Pinch of black pepper.
How to prepare
1. Saute the onion, butter and oil over a medium heat in a deep saucepan until golden, then add the garlic and saute a little.
2. Add the chopped squash and sauté a little with onions and garlic for 3 minutes until tender.
3. Add the hot chicken broth, reduce the heat and leave the ingredients on the fire for ten minutes.
4. Add the cream and let it boil for two minutes.
5. Grind the ingredients in the electric mixer.
6. Serve with toast.
And two health and wellness
Arabia Weather App
Download the app to receive weather notifications and more..