Arab weather - soup is a warm, smooth and easy-to-digest dish, which is ideal for starting the Iftar in the blessed month of Ramadan, so that the body compensates for the fluids it lost during the long day of fasting, and prepares the intestines to accommodate the entire breakfast meal, and soups are a rich source of healthy nutrients that the body needs, especially in blessed month of Ramadan.
Today's soup from the Ramadan soup list that we have prepared for you is: Instant Vegetable Soup.
The following are the characteristics of the soup and how it is prepared.
Features of instant vegetable soup
This vegetable soup is easy to prepare and full of nutritious and delicious vegetables. It is simple with ingredients that are available and accessible to everyone. You can choose your favorite seasonal vegetables. It is suitable for vegetarians, and it is low in calories.
- (3) tablespoons of olive oil
- (2) cup chopped onion
- (1 1/2) cup chopped carrots (3 to 4 carrots)
- (1 1/2) cups chopped celery (2 to 3 stalks)
- (2) tablespoons of tomato paste
- (4) teaspoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- (3/4) teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- (1/2) teaspoon ground black pepper
- (1/2) teaspoon salt
- (1/8) to (1/4) teaspoon ground red pepper flakes (optional)
- (2) chopped tomato
- (6) cups vegetable or chicken broth
- (2) cup chopped potatoes (two medium)
- (3-4) cups of chopped or shredded cabbage
- (2) bay leaf
- (1) cup frozen peas
- (1/2) teaspoon natural vinegar or fresh lemon juice (optional)
How to prepare
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the onions, carrots, celery and tomato paste.
- Cook, stirring, until vegetables are softened and onions are translucent (8 to 10 minutes).
- Add garlic, fennel, black pepper, ½ teaspoon salt, and red pepper flakes, and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour the broth and add the tomatoes, potatoes, cabbage and bay leaves.
- Raise the heat to medium to high heat and bring the soup to a boil.
- Cover the pot and let it simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes and other vegetables are soft.
- Add the frozen peas and let it boil for another five minutes.
- Raise the pot from the fire and remove the bay leaves. Add vinegar (or lemon juice), and serve.
health and wellness